Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Life advice from the Dr. himself -- a "Perfect" Thought for the Day.

Today (as anyone with an elementary school student or a Facebook account knows) is Dr. Seuss's birthday, and in honor of the day I thought I'd share some of my favorite Dr. Seuss quotes. He truly knew how to appreciate differences, quirks, imperfections, and all that was good in people!


"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
Dr. Seuss (Happy Birthday to You!
"Be grateful you’re not in the forest in France
Where the average young person just hasn’t a chance
To escape from the perilous pants eating plants
But your pants are safe, you’re a fortunate guy
You ought to be shouting how lucky am I"
Dr. Seuss (Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?
"My uncle ordered popovers
from the restaurant's bill of fare.
And, when they were served,
he regarded them with a penetrating stare.
Then he spoke great words of wisdom
as he sat there on that chair:
"To eat these things," said my uncle,
"You must exercise great care.
You may swallow down what's solid,
but you must spit out the air!"
And as you partake of the world's bill of fare,
that's darned good advice to follow.
Do a lot of spitting out the hot air.
And be careful what you swallow."
Dr. Seuss 
"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."
And my personal favorite for today, which I've heard many times before but never knew it came from the good Dr. Seuss, is this: 
For more awesome Suessisms, visit the GoodReads or ThinkExist Dr. Seuss pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback!